My second operation was this past Saturday. This was an experience as uncomfortable as I presumed it would be. I anticipated how inconvenient my life would be without internet because I am fully aware of my dependence on it. Nonetheless I decided to spend my day at fisherman's wharf with a friend who agreed to partake in the assignment. I first felt its effect when I couldn't confirm which bart station would take us closest to the wharf. Thankfully the lady at the information booth told me what I needed to know. I depend on my phone for a camera so I wasn't able to take pictures, something that upset me because I photograph frequently. Distances felt longer because I couldn't continuously reload my location on my iPhone's interactive map. It felt like I was walking forever, especially since I didn't have anything to tell me the time. I also kept having to ask people if I was headed in the right direction.
While surviving was quite easy without telecommunication, it was a whole lot more inconvenient. I had to depend on other people for information instantly available on my cell phone. Overall I definitely felt the impact of being isolated since I was literally cut off from everyone that wasn't in my immediate area. Without my phone or internet I felt more distance between myself and the people I know more than I ever have before.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.